Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Friendship is a Blessing

In my nightly readings I have been reading about David and Jonathan and the friendship they had. 1 Samuel 18:1 says, "Jonathan became one in spirit with David, and he loved him as himself." This kind of friendship doesn't come along every day and is very special.

After I spent the morning with a very dear friend of mine today I was reminded that I am very blessed in friendship because God has put many people in my life that I love as myself. I would describe myself as someone who has a lot of friends but only very few of them close. But I realize today that I am very lucky to have no less than three friends like this in my life.

With friendship at this level comes love which the Bible tells us over and over is very important. In having these people in my life I give love and get it in return.

So, take a moment today to thank God for any dear friends that you may have or ask for one if you don't have one already. We were not made to walk our journey alone. Thank God for Friends!

No comments: