Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Spend Time With God in Nature

One great way to stay connected to our Bible is by getting out in nature and enjoying the God-breathed things that we have in our lives. It is amazing to me to think about people in Old Testament times and that many of the things in their nature we still have in ours. They looked upon skies, mountains, rivers, oceans, trees, and grasslands just as we do today.

I find the most peace when I am camping next to a lake and I can sit out under the stars and listen to the water lapping on the shore, the insects singing, and the birds chirping. I have also picked up a photography hobby and I love to shoot things in nature. It never fails that when I focus on a beautiful shot I think of God and how he shows us how awesome He is.

It is on my “to-do” list to go through my photos and to match some of them with scriptures that make me feel the same way the picture does. I did find a website that has just that, pictures of nature with scriptures included. Take a look at: http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/207135362fNqVgS if you would like to see.

Even if you are in the city and busy working take time when you are outside to look at a tree or plant and think of the nature gifts that God has given us.

No comments: