Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Give it Up to God!!

Sitting in church a couple weeks ago I noticed in the announcements that the women's reading group/Bible study that I used to attend was starting a new book. It just so happens that due to some unexpected changes in my schedule that my schedule is newly free at the time that they meet. God shook me that day in church and I knew that I needed to go fellowship with these Christian women that I miss spending time with, even though my brain said, "You don't have time to add another thing."

I knew I would have a great time but what I didn't know was that it was the book that I needed to see just as much as the ladies.

The book we are studying is, "The Chosen Path of the Beatitudes" by Cliff Hulling. The book starts out with an introduction discussing that the beatitudes are not only a great list of guidelines for us to follow but a linear process that we should do in order. I had never thought about this before.

Before we start with the first, "Blessed are the poor in spirit" (Matthew 5:3), the author spends a couple chapters discussing things that can stand in the way to Christ and take our minds from where they need to be. So far we have only covered: love of the world, following bad Christian examples, and pride.

Each of these chapters has given me things to think about changing or praying about. It has also given me some fulfillment in knowing that even though I feel far away from God some days that He is with me and helping me to stand firm in my Christian life. I have only been back in this group two weeks and I know exactly why I was God-grabbed and lead to this book.

The whole moral of the story is to listen to God. He speaks when we are expecting it and more often when we are not. He leads us where we need to go even when we think we were supposed to be going in the other direction. Whether you feel certain or unsure, daily give up your life to our creator who sent his perfect sacrifice to save our souls. He will take you where you were meant to go.

Have a great day!

No comments: