Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Nitty Gritty Bible Study by Mark Moore

I began teaching the high school sunday school class at our church at the beginning of this month. They were studying Acts, which is a book that I really like, so I decicded to continue this study.

A friend of mine turned me onto an excellent professor at Ozark Christian College, Mark Moore, who has posted his lectures online (www.markmoore.org) and he has a course on Acts. Mr. Moore has so much knowledge, including interpretations of the original greek words, his lectures are incredibly interesting.

I was afraid that the high schoolers in my class would not want to listen to a college course for their sunday school lessons. Not only do they enjoy listening, they voted to start at the beginning of the study instead of picking up at chapter 8 where the teacher before me had left off. We are really enjoying this lecture series and each week I am amazed at the level of knowledge Mr. Moore has on his subject area. He makes studying the Bible fun even at a nitty gritty level. Often he will spend many minutes on one passage or even one word in the book. He goes to great length to discuss how we can be certain that Luke is the author of both Luke and Acts. Also, Moore stresses that the importance of studying this book for Americans is huge because it is the book that concerns salvation for Gentiles which most of us are.

If you have a chance, download some of these MP3 files from www.markmoore.org under resources and enjoy learning the Bible in a really in depth unique way.

No comments: